Search

Under60 Daily | 16 November 2020

Welcome to another edition of Under60 Daily - a brief rundown of the top happenings in the business world, curated by hand to exclude the clutter and ensure you get up to speed in under a minute.



[M&A] PNC has agreed to take over Spanish bank BBVA’s U.S. operations in an all cash deal worth $11.6 billion. Simultaneously, BBVA plans to utilize the funds towards a share buyback.

Over60: CNBC


[Markets] Australia’s stock exchange, ASX, was forced to halt trading on Monday morning due to a software fault. Meanwhile, Dow Jones futures jumped by 1.7% upon news that Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine is more than 94% effective. The Dow Jones Industrial Average is now just shy of touching 30,000.

Over60: Daily Mail, CNBC


[M&A] Reliance Retail Ventures Limited has purchased a 96% stake in online furniture vendor Urban Ladder in a deal worth close to $25 million. Reliance also has an option to buy the remaining 4% stake over time.

Over60: Mint


[Company Debt] Saudi Aramco is looking to sell bonds with maturities between three and 50 years. The company plans on using the proceeds from the sale to match its $75 billion dividend commitment to investors, especially since the company’s Q3 2020 profit dropped by 45%.

Over60: The Economic Times


[GDP] Japan’s GDP increased by 5% in Q3 2020, higher than the 4.4% expected by analysts. However, the country’s economy is still 6% smaller than what it was in the previous year. The government had previously handed ¥100,000 ($950) to everyone in the country in a bid to boost demand.

Over60: Bloomberg Quint



If this was useful to you, subscribe here. We thrive on subscriber feedback. Feel free to reach out to us here.


Team Under60

Recent Posts

See All

Under60 Daily | 27 November 2020

Welcome to another edition of Under60 Daily - a brief rundown of the top happenings in the business world, curated by hand to exclude the clutter and ensure you get up to speed in under a minute. [Int

Under60 ©2020